Artemis offer high quality induction resources for members of the Children's Workforce and a learning community that is active in developing and sharing other learning content. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
Asbestos Awarenessfrom £25.00
Equality and Diversityfrom £25.00
Child Protection - Level 1from £25.00
Child Sexual Exploitationfrom £25.00
Domestic Violence and Abuse
This course will help practitioners understand more about Domestic Violence and Abuse (DVA). It incorporates Forced Marriage (FM), Honour Based Violence (HBV) and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). It is based on nationally available evidence and good practise and it will also increase understanding of what a Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) is and what it does.
Everybody working with children and young people
Objectives for the course are to enable learners to:
- Understand what domestic abuse, forced marriage, honour based violence, female genital mutilation and MARAC are
- Understand how to spot the signs of these practices
- Understand how to highlight the harm they do to victims and their families
- Understand what help and support is available locally and nationally
- Understand what your responsibilities are.
Estimated learning time: 60 minutes.