EssentialSkillz is a leading global supplier of online safety training and risk assessment software. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
CPR Essentialsfrom £16.00
Cyber Securityfrom £25.00
Alcohol and Drug Awareness Policyfrom £16.00
Asbestos Awarenessfrom £20.00
Children and vulnerable adults are less able to protect themselves than others, making them vulnerable to abuse. Abuse and neglect can cause long-lasting damage with consequences for society in general. Living a life that is free from harm and abuse is a fundamental right of every person and looking out for the welfare of those most vulnerable in our society is everyone's responsibility.
Research indicates that abuse and neglect are both under-reported and under-recorded. Safeguarding is a course providing information on the safeguarding process, the problems children and vulnerable adults face and explains what to do if their is a concern for a child or vulnerable adult's welfare.
In this training course employees will learn:
- What safeguarding means and their responsibilities under the safeguarding process
- The different categories of abuse and how to recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Practical things they can do to safeguard children and vulnerable adults
- The correct procedures to follow if they suspect a child or vulnerable adult is at risk of abus
Benefits to your organisation
- Allow your organisation to contribute to the safeguarding process and demonstrate your responsibilities under the safeguarding process
- Communicate your safeguarding procedures and provide guidance to staff whose work brings them into contact with children or vulnerable adults
- Demonstrate that you have taken reasonable measures to ensure that the risks of harm to children and vulnerable adults is minimised
Any employee whose work brings them into contact with children and vulnerable adults.