ILX Group have over 25 years’ experience delivering best practice project, programme and portfolio management courses. Delivering to over 250,000 clients and over 5,000 organisations globally, our products are extremely highly rated in the industry gaining a 97% positive feedback score on the independent review site feefo.com.ILX are an Accredited Training and Consulting Organisation, approved AXELOS, AMPG International, the APM and the PMI. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
APM Project Management Qualificationfrom £250.00
Change Managementfrom £250.00
Finance for Non-Financial Managersfrom £250.00
Management of Portfoliosfrom £250.00
ILX Groups accredited P3O Foundation online learning covers all aspects of the P3O guidance. Using voice, animation and activities, the course takes approximately twelve hours to complete which is equivalent to a three day workshop.
The main body of the course consists of seven lessons which cover the principles, techniques and structure for implementing a Portfolio, Programme and Project Office, including a Centre of Excellence, through to the business case and planning for implementation.
- An exam simulator which results in exceptional pass rates
- Increased retention of learning
- Less time taken to learn
- Increased control and visibility of progress and achievement
- Reduced travel costs
- Accessible from any location
- Those requiring an understanding of Portfolio Management and the supporting environment for successful programmes and projects.
- Managers attempting to provide a structure for prioritisation and control of corporate organisational investments, particularly those using PRINCE2® and MSP®, although any methodology can be effectively improved using the P3O model.
- There are no pre-requisites for studying this course or qualification other than an understanding of the project and programme environment.
- What a P3O is and why it is relevant
- Who the P3O guidance is aimed at
- The differences between Projects, Programmes, and Portfolio Management
P3O Services & Functions
- The objectives of each functional or service area
- Strategic Planning, Delivery Support and Centre of Excellence
- Assurance services, through gated reviews or audit
- P3O governance
- Services and functions delivered through various design models
- What kind of model to deploy
- The reporting structure of a P3O model
- Critical success factors of a P3O structure
- Information Assurance for projects and programmes
How to operate a P3O
- Portfolio prioritisation, Management Dashboards, Information Portals and Knowledge Management
- Some of the facilitated workshops a P3O may be asked to lead
- Business process swim-lane diagrams and the benefits they can bring
- How approaches can be tailored for different demands
P3O Roles & Responsibilities
- P3O Management & Generic roles and those that are functional
- The purpose of each role, and be aware of some of the key responsibilities of each
- How the roles might be implemented within the various P3O models
- Some of the key skills and competencies needed within a P3O
Developing a P3O Business Case, Why have a P3O?
- The benefits of a P3O, and the capabilities of a P3O
- The Principles for Extracting Value. A Value Matrix
- What performance improvements can be expected
How to implement or re-energise a P3O
- A Blueprint for a programme of change, for a successful P3O
- The lifecycle needed for P3O implementation
- How to setup and run a Temporary Office structure
- A large bureaucratic organisation delivering health services to various government departments across Europe
- A medium sized organisation delivering hardware and software solutions to their broad customer base
- A small organisation delivering construction project management for their clients
P3O Foundation Examination Technique
- How to approach the P3O examination
P3O Examination Simulator
- Featuring sample questions from the P3O examination, using the correct timing and providing feedback for each question
- Additional free resources for implementing a P3O, analysing