KNOWHOW2 maximise your return on investment for each course by designing it so its serves both initial training and post training needs. If you are new to a subject you are taken step-by-step through each lesson building your knowledge in a simple but informative way. For more experienced users, you can access the courses like a reference tool by utilising the "just-in-time" training features which allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
Access 2007 Advancedfrom £12.00
Access 2007 Introductionfrom £12.00
Excel 2007 Advancedfrom £12.00
Excel 2007 Intermediatefrom £12.00
Excel 2003 Introduction
About the course
IT can offer great productivity benefits, if people have the right skills to use the packages available to them. Yet 28% of companies in the UK lack employees with the IT skills to meet their business objectives.
This course will help you unlock the power of Microsoft Excel 2003. Excel is a spreadsheet package that provides the tools to access, process, analyse and display numeric and financial information, accurately and professionally.
This course takes you step by step through the core spreadsheet tasks of Excel 2003. People using the course will learn how to use spreadsheets effectively, saving them time and improving their performance.
You’ll learn how to
- open and quit Excel and also using the Office Assistant and Help features
- gain a basic understanding of the Excel 2003 screen and its components
- create a new workbook, input values, labels and dates and enter data into a range
- open Excel files and move between them, save and close workbooks
- use fast ways to select data using some of the more common selection methods in Excel
- move and copy data using the toolbars, 'Shortcut' menu, and shortcut keys
- insert, delete and adjust the width of columns and rows
- enter and copy formulas
- work with Absolute References and apply percentage values
- enter Functions, use AutoSum and apply the IF Function
- name and move directly to ranges and locate and change formula ranges using the Range Finder feature
- change the appearance of a worksheet by modifying formatting features including font styles and sizes, data alignment, currency symbols and decimals
- apply formatting to create a more presentable worksheet and AutoFormat worksheets
- work with multiple worksheets, including deleting, inserting, moving and copying sheets, renaming and colouring worksheet tabs
- use proofing tools, Spelling Checker, AutoComplete and AutoCorrect features
- set and clear print areas, print a worksheet or workbook and multiple workbooks
There are 20 modules in this course:
- Starting Excel and Help
- Screen Components
- Navigating Workbooks
- Creating Workbooks
- Opening, Saving and Closing
- Selection Techniques
- Moving and Copying Cells
- Adding and Removing Cells
- Formulas and Referencing
- Working with Functions
- Working with Ranges
- Formatting Cells
- Using AutoFormat
- 3-D Workbooks
- Magnifying, Splitting and Freezing
- Proofing Tools
- Find and Replace
- Page Breaks
- Page Setup Options
- Print Areas and Printing
- Simulation training replicates the software you're learning, providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so you can do your training in bitesize pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to dip in and out, so you can learn whenever suits you.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.