KNOWHOW2 maximise your return on investment for each course by designing it so its serves both initial training and post training needs. If you are new to a subject you are taken step-by-step through each lesson building your knowledge in a simple but informative way. For more experienced users, you can access the courses like a reference tool by utilising the "just-in-time" training features which allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
Access 2007 Advancedfrom £14.40
Access 2007 Introductionfrom £14.40
Excel 2007 Advancedfrom £14.40
Excel 2007 Intermediatefrom £14.40
Windows Vista Advanced
About the course
Windows Vista is an operating system that controls the hardware and software on your computer. This system supports multi-tasking and enables one or several people to use a computer and common Windows compatible software.
This Windows Vista Advanced course takes you step by step through the advanced tasks of the Windows Vista operating system.
You’ll learn how to
- understand Start Menu shortcuts and customise this menu
- create, open and remove Desktop Shortcuts
- update Antivirus Software and create Firewall exceptions
- view the properties of a hard disk and use the Disk Cleanup feature
- work with System Tools to access Backup Status and Configuration, Disk Cleanup, and Disk Defragmenter
- set up the automatic file backup and restore files
- understand basic networking, sharing resources such as folders and printers
- map network drives and copy files to a mapped drive
- create, modify, switch and delete user accounts
- understand File Synchronisation
- navigating the Web, use the Address bar, Links bar and other navigational tools
There are 20 modules in this course:
- Start Menu Shortcuts
- Desktop Shortcuts
- Windows Security Center
- General Disk Properties
- Disk Maintenance
- Backup and Restore Features
- Network Resources
- Mapping Network Drives
- User Accounts
- Using the Briefcase
- Using the Sync Center
- E-mail Concepts
- Windows Mail Basics
- Windows Mail Help Tools
- Creating and Sending Messages
- Working with Existing Messages
- Copy and Paste Tools
- Signatures and Spell Checking
- Basic Navigation
- Favorites List and History List
- Simulation training replicates the software you are learning providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Assess your skills at any time by undertaking the Course Test.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so training can be undertaken in bite size pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to learn in multiple training sessions.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
- Available on-line 24 hours a day.
- Version for Mobile Devices.
- Review course content with eBooks