KNOWHOW2 maximise your return on investment for each course by designing it so its serves both initial training and post training needs. If you are new to a subject you are taken step-by-step through each lesson building your knowledge in a simple but informative way. For more experienced users, you can access the courses like a reference tool by utilising the "just-in-time" training features which allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
Access 2007 Advancedfrom £12.00
Access 2007 Introductionfrom £12.00
Excel 2007 Advancedfrom £12.00
Excel 2007 Intermediatefrom £12.00
Windows XP Advanced
About the course
Windows XP is an operating system that controls the hardware and software on your computer. This system supports multi-tasking and enables one or several people to use a computer and common Windows software.
The Windows XP Advanced course takes you step by step through the advanced tasks of the Windows XP operating system.
You’ll learn how to
- use changeable Menu Items and add Start Menu shortcuts
- view hard disk drive properties and free up unused storage space
- use the Disk Cleanup feature
- open the Backup and Restore Wizard to back and restore files
- locate a picture or file using the 'Search Results' window
- understand Basic Networking concepts and share resources
- synchronise updated files
- map network drives and copy files to a mapped drive
- use Outlook Express and view its various components
There are 17 modules in this course:
- Start Menu Shortcuts
- Desktop Shortcuts
- Printing Documents
- Controlling the Printer
- General Disk Properties
- Disk Maintenance
- Backup and Restore Features
- Using the Search Feature
- Network Resources
- My Briefcase
- Mapping Drives
- User Accounts
- Outlook Express Basics
- Creating and Sending Messages
- Working with Existing Messages
- Web Browsing
- Active Desktop
- Simulation training replicates the software you are learning providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Assess your skills at any time by undertaking the Course Test.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so training can be undertaken in bite size pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to learn in multiple training sessions.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
- Available on-line 24 hours a day.
- Version for Mobile Devices.
- Review course content with eBooks