KNOWHOW2 maximise your return on investment for each course by designing it so its serves both initial training and post training needs. If you are new to a subject you are taken step-by-step through each lesson building your knowledge in a simple but informative way. For more experienced users, you can access the courses like a reference tool by utilising the "just-in-time" training features which allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
Office 365 - Excel 2016 - Level 7from $24.00
Excel 2007 Introductionfrom $24.00
Excel 2007 Intermediatefrom $24.00
Excel 2007 Advancedfrom $24.00
Word 2007 Introduction
About the course
It’s vital to have the skills to use word processing software competently if you're producing professional-looking business documents that protect and enhance the reputation of your organisation.
This course is ideal if you're a complete beginner and you want to master the basics of using Word software to create letters, reports and other business correspondence. The course takes you step by step through basic word processing tasks.
You’ll learn how to
- open and close Word and use the Help features
- create a new Word document and enter some text using 'Click and Type'
- 'insert' and 'overtype' modes, and automatically inserting dates
- open files using various methods as well as move between open documents and save documents
- select and delete single words, lines, blocks of text, and use the Undo and Redo features
- move and copy text easily throughout documents, using several techniques
- use basic text formatting such as adding different text attributes, changing fonts, applying superscript and subscript and changing case
- identify and correct spelling errors in documents and identify various print options
- use tools to insert objects into a document, including clips from the Clip gallery and graphic images created in other applications
- use the Mail Merge function to mass produce forms, letters, envelopes, mailing labels, emails and faxes
There are 22 modules in this course:
- Starting Word and Help
- Screen Components
- Navigating Documents
- Modifying Word Settings
- Creating Documents and Text
- Opening, Saving and Closing
- Selecting and Deleting Text
- Moving and Copying Text
- Basic Text Formatting
- Paragraph Formatting
- Hyphenation, Styles and Spacing
- Document Formatting
- Headers and Footers
- Formatting with Tabs
- Creating Tables
- Modifying Tables
- Formatting Tables
- Proofing and Printing
- Find and Replace
- Working with Objects
- Mail Merge
- Extra Mail Merge Features
- Simulation training replicates the software you are learning providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Assess your skills at any time by undertaking the Course Test.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so training can be undertaken in bite size pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to learn in multiple training sessions.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
- Available on-line 24 hours a day.
- Version for Mobile Devices.
- Review course content with eBooks