Me Learning have been providing high quality e-learning content to the Health and Social Care sector for 10 years. We work with 110 Local Authority customers who implement a range of different products and services that we offer. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - for the Marketerfrom £210.00
Information and Cyber Securityfrom £24.00
Working with Display Screen Equipmentfrom £30.00
Autism Awarenessfrom £24.00
Gangs and Youth Violence
Develop your knowledge of gangs and youth violence with this comprehensive e-learning course.
Understand what gangs are and what they do, the extent of the problem, the part women and girls play in gangs, and what can be done to prevent gang recruitment and safeguard at-risk youth.
The course aims to help anyone who works with adults or children to recognise the signs that someone is in a gang or may be involved in youth violence.
It is especially helpful for front line workers within the community, education, and in the targeted youth support services.
About this course
This course covers a comprehensive overview of the subject of gangs and youth violence, so you will understand what gangs are and what they do, the part women and girls play in gangs, and what can be done to prevent youth violence and gang recruitment.
This course contains three modules which give you a very clear picture of the state of the UK today.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- The ways gangs are defined and how gang violence is measured
- Territorial conflicts
- The risk factors for gang membership, and the warning signs that a young person is in a gang
- The roles women and girls play in gangs and why they join
- How they’re sexually exploited by gangs and the signs
- The windows of opportunity for intervention
- Racial bias regarding gangs and how to challenge your own thinking about violent youth
- The importance of inter-agency cooperation and intervening early
- Methods for schools to handle at-risk and disruptive students
- The role of the police, hospitals, and third sector groups in preventing gang recruitment and violence