Me Learning have been providing high quality e-learning content to the Health and Social Care sector for 10 years. We work with 110 Local Authority customers who implement a range of different products and services that we offer. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - for the Marketerfrom $300.00
Autism Awarenessfrom $31.20
Customer Servicefrom $31.20
Workplace Wellbeingfrom $31.20
This five module course provides information on manual handling operations, the risks and the responsibilities of all staff. Youll explore the risks of manual handling, learn about injuries that can result from poor lifting and come away with a sound knowledge of the topic.
About this course
This course offers a comprehensive overview on manual handling and the responsibilities of all staff when it comes to reducing the risk of injury through manual handling operations.
The course includes practical advice and provides organisations a level of compliance to meet many of their health and safety training obligations.
On completion of the course, youll get a certificate with your name, CPD hours, the date and key learning objectives.
The course also contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide and is available as a demo to ensure suitability.
This course is for anyone who has manual handling operations in their line of work, including manual labourers, and those in the Health and Social Care sectors.
Although this course can be used as an introduction to the topic for new starters, it is also intended for all practitioners who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
In this course you will learn:
- The risks involved in manual handling
- The law surrounding it, your employers responsibilities, and employees responsibilities
- The hierarchy of measures to reduce risk, and some practical advice to get you started
- How much the average male and female can lift, and the basic techniques of good lifting practice
- The principles of team lifting, and how to safely move people
- The muscles used in manual handling, common spinal injuries, and tips on how to look after your back