Me Learning have been providing high quality e-learning content to the Health and Social Care sector for 10 years. We work with 110 Local Authority customers who implement a range of different products and services that we offer. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - for the Marketer4.6 from £210.00
Information and Cyber Security4.5 from £24.00
Autism Awareness4.3 from £24.00
Handling Violence and Aggression at Work4.3 from £30.00
Safeguarding Adults (Level 1)
This course allows you to complete one section at a time. You will learn about safeguarding - its aims and key principles; what are abuse and neglect – their definitions, different types and how you should respond; and what is Mental Capacity - and the implications for supporting vulnerable adults.
On completion of the course, you will automatically get a certificate, containing your name, CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and refresher guides.
After completing this course, you will understand:
- The legal duties to safeguard adults
- What is meant by adult safeguarding
- The importance of avoiding risk averse practice
- The aims of adult safeguarding and the six safeguarding principles
- ‘Person-centred’ and ‘outcomes-focused’ safeguarding practice
- What is meant by abuse and who is at risk
- Why a person might abuse another and when it is more likely to happen
- The patterns of abuse
- The different types of abuse and neglect and features of each
- The importance of balancing safeguarding with empowerment
- What you should do if you suspect abuse or neglect
- How to respond to a disclosure
- What to say to an adult at risk
- What to do in an emergency
- The importance of good record keeping