TalkIT was founded by IT expert David Ringsell with a simple mission: to provide effective training and elearning courses for developers and businesses to learn new skills quickly. As part of this commitment, we provide online training courses that are accessible on all devices, as well as bespoke courses delivered onsite or at our own premises. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
Developing in C# - 08. Genericsfrom £4.20
Developing in C# - 02. Core C# Featuresfrom £4.20
Developing in C# - 03. Defining Typesfrom £4.20
Developing in C# - 04. Defining Membersfrom £4.20
Developing in C# - 01. Introduction to C#
Estimated Time – 1 Hour
What is .NET?
1. .NET is Microsoft's strategic platform for developing enterprise systems for the modern era.
- ASP.NET Web applications.
- Mobile applications.
- Console applications.
2. .NET recognizes and addresses the traditional difficulties facing application developers.
- Language interop- VB6, VC6, ASP, WinSDK.
- Deployment difficulties - DLL's.
What new programming languages are offered in .NET?
- C# - Similar to Java and C++.
- Visual Basic - Like VB6 but an Object Orientation approach.
- C++/CLI - New keywords that allow you to write in C++ for .NET.
- F# - Functional programming language.
- Syntax more like C++ and Java.
- Syntax very concise.
- Designed for object orientation - Started with a clean slate, Everything is an object.
The goals behind C#?
- Simple - Few Keywords.
- Safe - Find bugs early in development process.
- Internet Centric - Designed for developing web programs.
- Hi Performance - Designed for industrial strength programming.
- Developing in C# - 1. Introduction to C#