CPL Online, part of the CPL Training Group, came into their own in 2009 with a mission to develop market-leading e-Learning courses. Their online courses are constructed for maximum impact using animation, imagery, gaming technology, and voice-over commentary. Read more...
Buy in a bundle and save
Care Certificate England15 courses, from £10.00
Other Courses From This Provider
Food Safety in Manufacturing
About the course
The Food Safety in Manufacturing course is suitable for individuals who are involved in the mass production of food for sale through a variety of outlets. This course is a combination of theoretical knowledge and interactive activities that are designed to help learners understand the significant aspects of food safety and their personal responsibilities.
You will be able to:
- State the scope of the food manufacturing sector
- Outline legislation regarding food safety including laws on labeling
- Describe the different types of contamination
- Identify the 14 food allergens and the symptoms of allergic reaction
- Explain food poisoning and food borne illness, and list the causes and symptoms
- State correct storage, cooking and cooling procedures for different food products
- Recognise the three methods of cross contamination and how they are avoided
- Observe the strict personal hygiene standards required to produce food safely
- Carry out effective cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Recognise signs of pest infestation and implement necessary control measures
Upon completion of the course, learners will complete an end of learning assessment consisting of 20 questions. 70% of the questions will need to be answered correctly in order to pass.