Food Allergies and Special Diets
Allergy Awareness training for food and drink service staff has been a legal obligation in the UK since December 2014 but there is still a lack of awareness in businesses of the implications of not carrying this out. Staff cannot say ‘they don’t know’ in response to a customer question and understand the danger of ‘bluffing’ an answer. A recent prosecution has taken place resulting in 6 year prison sentence of a restaurant owner and regular surveys still show that 70-80% of customers don’t trust staff to give the correct information.
We offer modules for front of house staff and a module for chefs and managers that not only deliver the legal requirements but ensure your staff will be professional and confident and respect customer requests. The modules are endorsed by Vizion 21, a leading hospitality health and safety consultancy.
- Identify 14 major allergens and foods that contain them
- State the action to take if you do not know the answer to a customer questions
- Identify key allergic reactions and the action you should take
- Identify key nutrients in food
- Identify special dietary requirements customers might have