The prevalence of diabetes in the UK is rising every year.
Unfortunately, there continues to be harm caused to individuals with diabetes whilst in care. This is often due to poor knowledge around diabetes and insulin treatments, especially with individuals with Type 1 diabetes.
A number of adverse incidents occur across hospital trusts in the UK, including within ICU admission.
The aim of this course is to improve your knowledge surrounding important aspects of diabetes care.
What’s including in this course?
The module covers the following areas:
- What is diabetes? (Diagnosis, complications and treatment)
- Basic knowledge of diabetes treatments.
- Reducing insulin prescribing and administration errors.
- Appropriate blood glucose monitoring.
- Appropriate management of hyperglycaemia, DKA and HHS.
- Appropriate management of hypoglycaemia.
- Facilitating safe and timely discharge.