EssentialSkillz is a leading global supplier of online safety training and risk assessment software. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
CPR Essentialsfrom £16.00
Cyber Securityfrom £25.00
Alcohol and Drug Awareness Policyfrom £16.00
Asbestos Awarenessfrom £20.00
Lone Working Essentials
There is no law against working alone (except for some high-risk activities where at least one other person may need to be present) but lone workers should not be at any more risk than other employees. To minimise the risks associated with working alone, current Health & Safety regulations require employers to identify situations where people work alone, the hazards and risks associated with these situations, and to put in place appropriate control measures. Control measures should take account of normal work and foreseeable emergencies, e.g. fire, equipment failure, illness and accidents.
To compliment the course, there is a comprehensive risk assessment questionnaire to assist with assessing if current control procedures in place are adequate, or if extra control measures are required.
In this training course employees will learn:
- Provide definitions and examples of lone working situations
- Explain to participants their responsibilities in relation to lone working
- Point to the importance of personal safety when working alone
- Advise on what to do if things go wrong
Benefits to your organisation
- Meet your legal responsibilities relating to the management of lone workers
- Ensure employees/contractors are aware of any dangers associated with lone working and the control procedures in place to ensure their safety
- Assist with fulfilling the legal requirement to carry out a risk assessment of lone workers and their place/places of work
Any employee whose work alone