Buy in a bundle and save
Care Certificate England15 courses, from £10.00
Other Courses From This Provider
Food Safety: Level 3 (Catering)
Our course leads to a recognised and approved Level 3 qualification This Local Authority Approved Food Hygiene Level 3 course is essential for anybody wanting to advance their career in the catering and hospitality sectors. The course is also ideal for people running their own business and wanting to operate legally and safely.
The course has 15 easy to follow modules that are all 'bite-sized' so you can learn at your own pace. Each module has a helpful 'knowledge checker' at the end and the course includes a Final Test that is unlocked once the modules are complete.
- Introduction to Supervising Food Safety
- Food Safety Legislation
- Food Contamination
- Controlling Contamination
- Food Poisoning and Food-Borne Illness
- Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning
- Temperature Control
- Checking, Verifying and Recording Temperatures
- Food Preservation
- Premises and Equipment Design
- Waste, Cleaning and Disinfection
- Pest Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Training Staff
- Implementing a Food Safety Management System
- Food Safety Management Tools
Aims of the Training Course:
By the end of this course learners will:
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from a food premises in order for it to be food safe
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises in order to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the tools that can be used to do so
- Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
- Have awareness of the relevant food safety legislation and how it can be complied with
- Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings
- Know what the law requires in regards to personal hygiene when working in a food catering business
All Intellelearn courses include great content and the most advanced e-learn technology. This Food Hygiene course includes:
- Local Authority Approved
- Stop-Start technology so you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone
- Matches RSPH and CIEH level 3 syllabus
- Accredited by both the CPD and by iirsm
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
This course is also accredited by IIRSM, the International Institute for Risk and Safety Management.
It is estimated that this Food Hygiene Level 3 course will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is essential for any person looking to develop their career in catering or hospitality. The course is also ideal for people running their own business and wanting to operate legally and safely.
Once you have completed all of the online course you will be able to take the multiple choice test. The test consists of 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.