Me Learning have been providing high quality e-learning content to the Health and Social Care sector for 10 years. We work with 110 Local Authority customers who implement a range of different products and services that we offer. Read more...
Buy in a bundle and save
Care Certificate England15 courses, from £10.00
Other Courses From This Provider
Safeguarding Children for Health - (Level 1 and 2)
Do you work with children? Are you confident you can make safeguarding referrals for the children in your care? Do you need to brush up your child protection legislation knowledge?
This Safeguarding Children Level 1 and 2 course will give you a thorough and clear overview of modern child protection principles ? a must-have for anyone working with young people.
This 10-course bundle explains the meaning and key principles behind safeguarding, child protection, child abuse and significant harm. In the course, you will learn how to recognise child abuse and its causes, types, and effects ? and become fully equipped to respond to it.
You?ll also learn about the key stages of the referral process (such as Children?s Social Care and the components of the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need).
This Safeguarding Children (Levels 1 and 2) course is intended for staff who fall into the following work groups:
Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers; and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening in and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Members of the workforce who are responsible for making safeguarding referrals to the Police and Children?s Social Care.
Members of the workforce who have particular responsibilities in relation to undertaking Section 47 enquiries, including professionals, police and children?s social care; those who work with complex cases and social work staff responsible for coordinating assessments of children in need.
Once you?ve completed this course, you?ll have a good knowledge of:
- The background, legal basis and definition of safeguarding, child protection and child abuse
- Child protection awareness level 1 and 2 principles
- Serious case reviews and core functions of Local Safeguarding Children?s Boards
- The concept of significant harm, what to do if child abuse is suspected as well as the key principles of child protection
- Who abuses children and the definitions of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
- The signs of abuse, both from the victim and perpetrator, and how to recognise them
- The causes and effects of abuse on children
- Information to record and what to do if you have concern
- Responding to a disclosure or allegation of abuse or neglect
- The types of questions that can be asked, should be asked and those that should be avoided
- Considerations to make before referring a safeguarding concern to Children?s Social Care
- Information you need to provide to Children?s Social Care and the questions you should ask
- What you and Children?s Social Care should do following a referral
- The Framework for the Assessment of Children In Need and their Families and its principles
- How to assess children?s needs
- Understand the ?domains? and ?dimensions? of the Framework
- The importance of keeping an up-to-date chronology or timeline and how to record one
- The purpose and possible outcomes of a strategy discussion and Section 47 Enquiries
- Initial child protection conferences
- Background and the Law
- Child Abuse Awareness
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect
- If You Have Concern ? Health Professionals
- Responding to a Disclosure ? What You Should Do
- Responding to a Disclosure ? How to Ask Questions
- Referring Safeguarding Concerns
- Recognising and Avoiding Dangerous Safeguarding Practice
- Child Protection Process and Procedures