Me Learning have been providing high quality e-learning content to the Health and Social Care sector for 10 years. We work with 110 Local Authority customers who implement a range of different products and services that we offer. Read more...
Buy in a bundle and save
Care Certificate England15 courses, from £10.00
Other Courses From This Provider
Safeguarding Children (Levels 1 and 2)
Prepare yourself for making safeguarding referrals (to the police and Children?s Social Care). Looking to brush up your knowledge?
New to the topic and looking for a clear and thorough briefing ? in case you are ever involved?
Either way, this course is for you.
The 9-course bundle explains the meaning and key principles behind safeguarding, child protection, child abuse and significant harm.
You will also learn how to recognise and respond to child abuse; what are its causes, types, and effects; and all the key stages of the referral process ? e.g. Children?s Social Care and the components of the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need.
This Safeguarding Children (Levels 1 and 2) course is intended for staff who fall into the following work groups:
- Group 3: Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
- Group 4: Members of the workforce who are responsible for making safeguarding referrals to the Police and Children?s Social Care
- Group 5: Members of the workforce who have particular responsibilities in relation to undertaking section 47 enquiries, including professionals police and children?s social care; those who work with complex cases and social work staff responsible for co-ordinating assessments of children in need.
- Background, legal basis and definition of safeguarding, child protection and child abuse
- Serious case reviews and core functions of Local Safeguarding Children?s Boards
- Concept of significant harm, what to do if child abuse is suspected as well as the key principles of child protection
- Who abuses children and the definitions of physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect
- Recognising signs of abuse from the victim and perpetrator
- Causes and effects of abuse on children
- Information to record and what to do if you have concern
- Responding to a disclosure or allegation of abuse or neglect
- Types of questions that can be asked, should be asked, and should be avoided
- Considerations before referring a safeguarding concern to Children?s Social Care
- Information you should provide to Children?s Social Care and the questions you should ask
- What you and Children?s Social Care should do following a referral
- The Framework for the Assessment of Children and their families and its principles
- Assessing children?s needs
- Understand the ?Domains? and ?Dimensions? of the Framework
- Importance of keeping an up to date chronology and how to record one
- Purpose and possible outcomes of a Strategy Discussion and Section 47 Enquiries
- Initial Child Protection Conferences
- Background and the Law
- Child Abuse Awareness
- Recognising Abuse and Neglect
- If You Have Concern
- Responding to a Disclosure ? What You Should Do
- Responding to a Disclosure ? How to Ask Questions
- Referring Safeguarding Concerns
- Recognising and Avoiding Dangerous Safeguarding Practice
Once you?ve completed this course, you?ll have a knowledge of: