Training ByteSize is a family run and owned Accredited Training Provider, and one of the largest specialist providers of Programme and Project Management training. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
AGILE Project Management Practitionerfrom $342.00
Project Planning and Control Foundation (Certification)
The Project Planning and Control Foundation course is the first of its kind. This course is based on the APM Publication Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control: The Practical Project Management of Time, Cost and Risk. APMG International and the Association for Project Management (APM) have partnered to develop this new comprehensive guidance and associated training scheme.
The intention of the guidance is to help raise understanding so that standards can be set by organisations against a common text to ensure that they can assure a set standard and aim for best practice as well as get value for money from their projects. Above all the intention is to provide greater certainty over project delivery.
This course with give guidance for practicing and aspiring planning and controls professionals to gain understanding of best practice, and how to apply it.
This Project Planning & Control Foundation course offers learners:
- Instant online access to the accredited multimedia e-learning course for one whole year (approx. 10 hours of study time)
- Interactive quizzes and mock exam simulators to test knowledge ahead of the exam
- Access the course via any mobile device
- A flexible exam process take online, in-house or at a local test centre.
The official Project Planning & Control Foundation exam is included with this course
- Networking with fellow learners in our unique Virtual Learning Environment
- Also available as blended and classroom please email for further details
- The official Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control Book to support the course
What is Project Planning & Control?
The APM PSM&C guide and its associated training have been developed not in academic isolation but with many years of on the job experience. The guide is written in plain English so even if this is your first experience in the field of planning and controls you should feel comfortable reading, understanding and working towards success.
You will gain:-
- Understanding of minimum standards and best practices
- Guidance on how to comply with Works Information requirements laid out in contractss
- Learn lessons from a wide base of delivery organisations
- Benefit from a broad perspective of experienced controls practitioners
Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control is a comprehensive guide for anyone involved in planning, scheduling and controlling projects.
Written to be accessible to all levels from student to senior project managers it gives practical guidance on all planning aspects of preparing to undertake a project, executing a project, controlling its delivery to budget, time and quality, and delivering it safely.
Among the main topics covered are:
- Planning techniques and approaches
- Budgeting and cost control
- Scheduling practices
- Scheduling checks
- Management of baselines
- Performance reporting and record keeping
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) 50%
- 40 minutes duration
Bytesize learners will benefit from the exam simulator included with their e-learning, helping you to re-enforce your knowledge before sitting the final exam by completing the interactive quiz after each session and the mock exam quizzes at the end of the course. This will significantly enhance your understanding of the method.