Buy in a bundle and save
Care Certificate England15 courses, from £10.00
Other Courses From This Provider
USA Cultural Awareness Course
This course provides insights and direction for business professionals working with American peers. By taking the course, learners will gain the skills and understanding to successfully navigate the key cultural challenges commonly faced by individuals working with Americans. The course will also equip learners with the ability to build positive, trusting relationships and to maximise their business outcomes.
Who should take this course:
This course is suitable for learners of all levels who either work with Americans remotely, or for those visiting or moving to the USA.
It has been produced with a professional audience in mind and is useful for anyone looking for cultural insights to help them in their roles.
The course addresses many of the common cultural challenges faced by foreigners working with Americans and consistently receives excellent feedback from learners.
This invaluable e-Learning course is made up of 9 chapters focusing on specific aspects of British culture, the people and their approach to work and business.
- Chapter 1: Overview - Framing the course content and its benefits to foreigners working with Americans or in the USA.
- Chapter 2: Diversity - Uncovering the diversity within US society and how this impacts identity.
- Chapter 3: Religion - Learning about the influence of religion on American culture and the role of religion today.
- Chapter 4: Holidays - Learning about some of the key holidays in the US calendar and what they mean for Americans.
- Chapter 5: Values - Understanding core American values and their impact on the local culture and their way of life.
- Chapter 6: Communication Style - Exploring the American approach to communication, how they show politeness, give opinions and manage disagreements.
- Chapter 7: Business Culture - Covering critical aspects of American business culture such as relationship building, consensus building, negotiations and meetings.
- Chapter 8: Etiquette & Taboos - Appreciating common taboos and etiquette to ensure foreigners present themselves positively when in the USA.
- Chapter 9: Stereotyping - Affirming that when working with anyone from the USA, it is important not to draw upon stereotypes.
Assessment is carried out during the course.
You will be asked multiple choice questions as well as questions based around case studies and workplace scenarios.
With a pass mark of 85%, the answers are marked automatically so you know instantly whether you have passed. If you don't pass, then not to worry! You can take the test as many times as you need and there’s no extra charge.