KNOWHOW2 maximise your return on investment for each course by designing it so its serves both initial training and post training needs. If you are new to a subject you are taken step-by-step through each lesson building your knowledge in a simple but informative way. For more experienced users, you can access the courses like a reference tool by utilising the "just-in-time" training features which allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
Office 365 - Excel 2016 - Level 7from $24.00
Word 2010 - Level 4 - Using Illustrations and Graphics in Documentsfrom $24.00
Word 2010 - Level 3 - Applying Page Layout and Reusable Contentfrom $24.00
Word 2010 - Level 2 - Formatting Contentfrom $24.00
Excel 2010 - Level 1 - Basic Spreadsheet Tasks
About the course
Excel is an electronic spreadsheet capable of organising, analysing and presenting data. The basic concept is the same as using a paper spreadsheet with a built-in calculator. The advanced features of Excel allow you to manipulate the data easily and then to graphically present it in a number of attractive formats.
This course gives you an introduction to Microsoft Outlook 2010 and takes you through tasks associated with basic spreadsheet tasks. It's compatible with 2010 operating systems.
You’ll learn how to
- open and close Excel and use the Help features
- understand the basic Excel 2010 screen and its components
- use techniques to navigate Excel workbooks and its associated worksheets
- personalise Excel to suit your own requirements by changing zoom magnification, splitting windows and freezing panes
- create new workbooks and enter and edit data in worksheets
- open existing workbooks and move between them
- save workbooks in different file formats so people with earlier versions of Excel or other applications can open them
- use some of the more common selection methods in Excel to ensure fast ways to select data saving you time and effort when creating large worksheets
- move and copy data using the ribbon buttons, 'right-click' menu, and shortcut keys
- insert, delete columns and rows and adjust the width of columns and the height of rows
- locate specific data within a worksheet using the 'Find' and 'Replace' commands and identify Search Options
- sort data alphabetically, numerically using the 'Sort' feature
- change the appearance of a worksheet by modifying various formatting features such as font styles and sizes, data alignment, currency symbols, decimal placing
- work with multiple worksheets, including deleting, inserting, moving, copying, renaming tabs and applying a colour to worksheets
There are 12 modules in this course:
- Starting Excel and Help
- Screen Components
- Navigating Workbooks
- Splitting, Freezing and Options
- Creating Workbooks
- Opening, Saving and Closing
- Selection Techniques
- Moving and Copying Data
- Adding and Removing Cells
- Searching and Sorting
- Formatting Cells Techniques
- Handling Worksheets
- Simulation training replicates the software you are learning providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Assess your skills at any time by undertaking the Course Test.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so training can be undertaken in bite size pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to learn in multiple training sessions.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
- Available on-line 24 hours a day.
- Version for Mobile Devices.
- Review course content with eBooks