KNOWHOW2 maximise your return on investment for each course by designing it so its serves both initial training and post training needs. If you are new to a subject you are taken step-by-step through each lesson building your knowledge in a simple but informative way. For more experienced users, you can access the courses like a reference tool by utilising the "just-in-time" training features which allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
Office 365 - Excel 2016 - Level 7from $24.00
Word 2010 - Level 3 - Applying Page Layout and Reusable Contentfrom $24.00
Word 2010 - Level 2 - Formatting Contentfrom $24.00
Word 2010 - Level 1 - Basic Word Processing Tasksfrom $24.00
Windows 8 - Start Screen Apps 1
About the course
The Windows 8 - Start Screen Apps 1 course introduces the Windows 8 Start screen and you will learn how to use the Mail, People, Messaging and Photos Apps.
There are 5 modules in this course
- Start Screen
- Photos App and Images
- Mail App and Accounts
- People App and Contacts
- Messaging App and Conversations
- Simulation training replicates the software you are learning providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Assess your skills at any time by undertaking the Course Test.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so training can be undertaken in bite size pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to learn in multiple training sessions.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
- Available on-line 24 hours a day.
- Version for Mobile Devices.
- Review course content with eBooks
Start Screen and Photos App
- Start Screen;
- Open and Close Apps;
- Switch Between Open Apps;
- Snap Apps;
- Move the Snap Bar;
- Hide a Snapped App;
- Resize and Move App Tiles;
- Add and Update Apps;
- Remove Apps;
- Pin and Unpin Apps;
Photos App and Images
- Open the Photos App;
- Add and Remove Locations;
- View Photos;
- Select Images;
- Create a Slide Show;
- Use Images as Backgrounds;
- Rotate and Crop Images;
- Delete and Import Images;
- Add Devices;
People and Messaging Apps
- Mail App and Accounts;
- Open the Mail App;
- Add Accounts;
- Open and Respond to Messages;
- Save and Edit Drafts;
- Delete and Restore Messages;
- Pin and Unpin Mail Folders;
- Mark Messages as Read or Unread;
- Synchronise Mail;
- Apply Synchronisation Settings;
People App and Contacts
- Add, Modify and Remove Accounts;
- Sort, Show and Hide Contacts;
- View and Edit Profiles;
- Create Favourites;
- Delete, Link and Unlink Contacts;
- Pin and Unpin Contacts;
- Create New Contacts;
- Edit your Profile;
- View Notifications;
Messaging App and Conversations
- Open the Messaging App;
- Start a Text Conversation;
- Add Symbols and Icons to Messages;
- Add Accounts;
- Change Your Online Status;
- Add Friends and Contacts;
- Report a Contact;
- Delete a Conversation;
- Change Send and Receive Options;