Our exciting library of courses has been developed in the UK and covers key skill areas from Leadership Essentials to Microsoft Office or Health and Safety. We know that companies need a learning solution specific to their need and we don’t hesitate to either customise existing eLearning courses or develop from scratch if required. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
Managing Challenging Behaviour Effectivelyfrom $37.20
Positive Mental Health Awarenessfrom $37.20
Driving Safelyfrom $37.20
Driving Economicallyfrom $37.20
This online course is ideal for work settings where infection control is important but which are not hospitals or other specific medical institutions. Learners are taken through the chain of infection with high impact animation and challenging interactions.
They are introduced to good and good and bad hand-washing technique with video which reinforces best practice. And, they can explore a typical workplace to locate infection hotspots.
The accompanying ebook has useful reminders and checklists to use in the workplace on mobile devices or in print form.
Key Learning Points:
- What infection is, what causes it and the impact of infection
- The roles and responsibilities of employers and employees
- The chain of infection and how to break it
- Workplace hot spots
- Personal and workplace hygiene
- Handwashing technique
- Explain employers and employees’ roles and responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of infection
- Outline current legislation and regulatory body standards which are relevant to the prevention and control of infection
- Explain the potential impact of an outbreak of infection on the individual and the organisation
- Describe the correct sequence for hand washing, explain when and why hand washing should be carried out and describe the types of products that should be used for hand washing
- Describe correct procedures that relate to skincare
- Identify the differences between bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites and common illnesses caused by them
- Describe what is meant by “infection” and “colonisation”
- Explain the reasons for use of PPE
- Identify poor practices that may lead to the spread of infection
- Explain the conditions needed for the growth of micro-organisms
- Explain the ways an infective agent might enter the body
- Identify common sources of infection
- Explain how infective agents can be transmitted to a person
- Identify the key factors that will make it more likely that infection will occur
- Outline potential risks of infection within the workplace
- Describe local and organisational policies relevant to the prevention and control of infection
All workers who are not medical specialists