Our exciting library of courses has been developed in the UK and covers key skill areas from Leadership Essentials to Microsoft Office or Health and Safety. We know that companies need a learning solution specific to their need and we don’t hesitate to either customise existing eLearning courses or develop from scratch if required. Read more...
Other Courses From This Provider
Managing Challenging Behaviour Effectivelyfrom $37.20
Positive Mental Health Awarenessfrom $37.20
Driving Safelyfrom $37.20
Driving Economicallyfrom $37.20
This course is aimed at people who work where there is a water system including spas, air conditioning and cooling towers that could be susceptible to Legionella.
Interactive pages allow learners to explore the facts about Legionella and Legionnaire’s disease, learn about the legislation, find out how Legionella becomes harmful and see how to manage and control the risks of Legionella build up. In addition, learners will find out about maintain water cleanliness safely using temperature or treatments.
Key Learning Points:
- The definitions of legionella, legionellosis and legionnaire’s disease
- How Legionella spreads and infects humans
- Identifying where Legionella can grow and become a hazard
- Understand what is required when carrying out a risk assessment
- Respond to, eliminate and put in control measures to reduce risks
- Explain employees’ roles and responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of Legionella
- Explain employers’ responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of Legionella.
- Outline current legislation and regulatory body standards which are relevant to the prevention and control of legionella
- Outline key facts about Legionella: e.g.: where it’s found, how it becomes harmful, who is at risk
- Describe key facts of Legionnarie’s disease: e.g.: symptoms, incubation, mortality rate
- Explain the potential impact of an outbreak of Legionella on the individual and the organisation
- Identify and describe the environmental factors that contribute to the growth of Legionella
- Explain what can be done to eliminate or reduce the risks of Legionella growth and infection
- Understand the importance of record-keeping
- Explain what to do in the event of an outbreak of Legionnaire’s disease
- Describe how to keep and treat water
People who work where there is a water system including spas, air conditioning and cooling towers that could be susceptible to Legionella