Privacy Fundamentals in the Workplace
By the end of this program participants will be able to understand the importance of privacy and the application of privacy law and principles in Australian workplaces. Interspersed with 3D animated stories and reinforcement exercises, this 30-minute learning experience is a must for organisations that wish to protect the personal information of staff members.
As with all iHR eLearning programs, Privacy Fundamentals in the Workplace has been developed with the assistance of workplace experts. While the program in no way constitutes legal advice, it provides a thorough generic insight into this vital topic. Organisational specific clauses and policies can be inserted into the program.
- Module 1 defines personal information and its place in the workplace;
- Module 2 covers the 13 privacy principles that apply to both Government agencies and private organisations;
- Module 3 familiarises users with their rights and responsibilities as an employee; and
- Additional Resources: Information Library, Video Clips, Assessment and Activities.
- To recognise the importance and application of privacy in the workplace;
- To identify the type of information that is generally covered by privacy clauses and policies, and the types of information that isn’t covered;
- To define the responsibility of the employer in implementing and maintaining privacy in the workplace;
- To learn about the responsibility of employees and contractors in maintaining privacy in the workplace;
- To learn the potential repercussions of not maintaining privacy in the workplace.
30 minutes (approximately)
Other Recommended eLearning Courses:
- Confidentiality in the Workplace
- Responsible Use of Social Media
- Cyber Security and You